Beautiful and simple
With a small top panel (only 24px height!) you won't be distracted. There aren't oversized docks or tool bars to reduce your display's usable space. With the top panel you can switch tabs, access desktops or monitor system information thanks to indicators. When you are on the desktop, swipe your mouse to access applications, widgets or places. Just work.
Don't worry if you don't have a super-computer with 3D effects. Asturix On will automatically default to a 2D window manager. The user experience is unaffected, so don't hesitate to try Asturix On on an older system.
The desktop is based on Qt and the UI uses Sencha, two libraries that are touch capable and can be ported to a lot of mobile devices. Now you can try it in your Linux-powered tablet (compiling the code etc.), or wait for official support (just install a package!).
Official support for Archos 101 is coming soon!
Asturix On is still in Alpha. The first and complete version will be announced in a month. The following lists some of the upcoming features:
- Desktop accessible to the cloud: So you can set up your desktop locally or in the cloud, depending on your preferences
- Widgets, widgets, widgets: Widget functionality is presently limited and some things don't work
- Webapp framework: Build rich, cross platform web applications with native functions
- Localization: So people around the world can use it!
- Accesibility: Text to speech, magnifier etc.
- Whatever you want: Try out your desktop today and send us feedback!