How to update and upgrade Asturix 3 Lite
Asturix 3 Lite is based on an old Ubuntu version. To get the latest updates and upgrade your version, you can configure the following:
1. Open the update manager (Asturix symbol → Preferences → Update Manager)
2. Click Settings
3. On the Updates tab, set Release upgrade to “Normal releases”
4. Click “Check”
5. You will be warned that your Ubuntu version is not supported. Ignore by clicking “Close”
6. Open the update manager again (Asturix symbol → Preferences → Update Manager)
7. Click “Upgrade”
8. The upgrade begins and you should proceed accepting all the messages (“Close”, “Iniciar Actualización”, “Reiniciar”). It is a long process, you can leave it and come back every now and then to check the progress.
You can repeat steps 6 to 8 to upgrade up to the latest Ubuntu version (13.04), although the latest long term support (LTS) version is 12.04.